Community/Posting Guidelines: MUST READ FOR ALL MEMBERS
1) Posts are to be on topic only. This means asking for music input, talking about your favourite artist. No: non-music related surveys, quiz results, or anything else that does not relate to music. If you are going to ask someone to make you a CD, please make sure you share back. It's fine to ask to swap. Swaps are *wonderful*, as long as the party making the CD for you is going to be given back to (and it doesn't have to be with music!).
2) Keep it relevant. We'd probably love to hear about a cool new band you have heard of, or even better, your latest tracklist(s). However, we probably don't care about how, oh my, math class is so hard.
3) Promotion is STRICTLY prohibited. Period. No community promotion, no website promotion, NOTHING.
4) Please TRY to keep the drama to a minimum.
5) NO TRADING BURNED/MP3 FULL ALBUMS WITHIN THIS COMMUNITY UNLESS YOU ARE THE ARTIST OR HAVE THE ARTIST'S EXPLICIT WRITTEN PERMISSION AND SHOW PROOF. PERIOD. IT IS ILLEGAL. THERE IS ZERO TOLERANCE FOR BREAKING THIS RULE. YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED. You are welcome to do what you wish outside the community - just don't bring anything into it.
All posts not adhering to these guidelines will be deleted without warning. Multiple offtopic posts WILL result in a ban.
If there are further questions, please feel free to contact me using one of the ways listed in my LJ profile. I am almost always on the chat services I have listed, and answer E-mail several times a day. Membership and posting in the mixcds LJ account is open to anyone with a LiveJournal account, which are free to create.
Resources: CoverXP.com: Great (free) program to make CD covers, backs, and inserts. Nero.com: Awesome CD burning program. Not free, but *the* best.